Hello,

While playing World of Warcraft (version 7.3.2.25497), my entire computer will freeze. When this happens my computer is completely unresponsive to any and all input, including the reset and power buttons (I have to hard reboot by holding down the power button). This seems to happen randomly (some times right away, some times after an hour or so of playing). It does not seem to coincide with any events in-game (running htop and watch -d sensors, my computer does not seem to be in any distress while playing). From what I understand wine should not be capable of causing such a catastrophic event, and it may be my graphics driver, but I do not know what to do or how to begin searching for the cause.
Useful information:
wine --version
wine-2.20 (Staging)
cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 17.10 \n \l
I am using the Ubuntu X11 desktop (Wayland was causing issues with the camera).
lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Tahiti XT [Radeon HD7970/8970 OEM / R9 280X]
Actual Graphics card is a Radeon HD 7970. I am using the radeon driver.
lscpu | grep 'Model name'
Model name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz
I have tried turning off 'Enable_CSMT for better graphic performance' in winecfg->Staging.
I have tried running the 32-bit version of the client.
I have tried reducing the graphics intensity.
I have uploaded the logs for wine Wow-64.exe &> log.txt 2>&1.. Any help or advice appreciated.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29748
Teaser video agency

Thank you